In an attempt to organize my comics, I am labeling each box not with a name or number, but a QR code. This, thanks to goo.gl, allows me to link each box to its own webpage and easily get there by scanning the code on the box. I have my own domain (technology-hates-you.com) with hosting provided by asmallorange.com which gives me an affordable solution with shell access and the ability to host my own websites and this wordpress install. PC version of Comic Collectorz lets me keep track of the comics and download the covers, etc. I export that data about each box (sadly the Mac does not export to html, yet. But, they appear to be working on it) and put it on a webpage.
So, an overview of sorting my comics as it stands today:
- Sort box and add comics to Collectorz
- Generate a new QR code and link for the box
- Export the details of the box
- Upload the exported data for the box
- Print out the QR code and tape it to the box